Friday, August 5, 2011

 above; a pretty pink beaded bracelet. there are glass oval beads, plastic pink beads, some of which i darkened with nail polish, clear faceted plastic beads and a pretty pink fake crystal bead....... I am really into these simple beaded bracelets with toggle clasps. I haven't broken any nails putting these on yet.

I don't have may bracelets that are this vibrant of  pink, so making this was a big deal. I thought I would hate having the wire loop sticking out verses the head pins, but it is kinda handmade looking, so I don't mind it so much

I used a piece of kitchen sponge, and a few drops of polish on a piece of tin foil to add a darker colour and texture to these plastic beads..... 


 the pink glass/plastic/nail polished beaded bracelet & 2 other red bracelets I finally made
 I finally used these red beads i purchased last summer for .50 cents at Micheal's that I found in the bargain bin. I didn't make something that I would buy in a store because red is not my colour and i was not inspired to create something so I just whipped these 2 bracelets up. They did turn out pretty and now I finally have some red bracelets.




here is the package they came in below-  even though I used quite a bit of seed beads for the bracelet of the right i have barely made a dent in the little package of seed beads that these larger embellished beads came with.....


 i love the look of seed beads on jump rings - just larger simple wire rings that i made by wrapping wire around a wooden spoon, snipped into rings & added seed beads.... and then linked together.....  Here are two cuff bracelets; the one on the left is from a re-worked necklace that was too long, and the the one on the right is rings with seed beads, I added smaller jump rings randomly throughout the bracelet to link the chains together. When I add the clasps I will post a better model photo. This is very simple and very easy, although it felt like it took me forever to make.
I will have to time myself the next time I whip one up ( in teals/blues )

the seed beads are from the dollarrama, i had the translucent pink beads that are on the connecting wire from my stash. hopefully that photo is enough of an explanation of how I made that bracelet because honestly I suck at describing how I create these types of things..... I will try to take step by step photos when I make the teal seed bead cuff with the beads from above.....

Thats it for now. I miss my old way of photographing jewelery it was much easier and i need to figure something out......


No comments: